Androidbiits.com brings an outstanding news for Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 users. According to XDA member mcgi5sr2, Android 5.1 Lollipop unofficial Omni 5.1 Alpha Custom ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Previously, I have written the instructions for updating Note Edge SM-N915F to Lollipop 5.0.1 with the help of Megatooth ROM v2.0. Now the outstanding news is that S3 GT-I9300 users can test Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. Today, I will discuss about the step-by-step instructions for updating Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. This is really an outstanding news for GT-I9300 users who are waiting for Lollipop.
I am hoping that S3 GT-I9300 owners will be able to install Omni 5.1 [Alpha] easily without having any difficulty after following the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear S3 GT-I9300 user, Omni 5.1 [Alpha] needs rooted GT-I9300, so it is necessary to root S3 GT-I9300. Oh yes, the crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on S3 GT-I9300 before installing Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. You can perform all these tasks after unlocking S3 GT-I9300 bootloader. You may experience some bugs on S3 GT-I9300 after installing Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. Androidbiits.com recommends that S3 GT-I9300 users must save their data before installing Omni 5.1 [Alpha], as there is a chance of losing all data from GT-I9300. The important thing is GT-I9300 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if GT-I9300 got corrupted during the installation of Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. GT-I9300 battery percentage must be above 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial Omni 5.1 [Alpha] Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download Omni 5.1 [Alpha] for your GT-I9300.
2. It is the time to download Gapps for your GT-I9300.
3. It is necessary to go to the settings of GT-I9300 and then it is necessary to click USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach GT-I9300 with your desktop.
5. Once you have successfully attached your GT-I9300, you will have to transfer Omni 5.1 [Alpha] and Gapps to GT-I9300 SD card.
6. Now, it is the proper time to switch off GT-I9300.
7. After switching off your GT-I9300, it is necessary to remove the USB cable.
8. Now, it is the proper time to put GT-I9300 into Recovery Mode.
9. Now, it is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on GT-I9300.
10. It is the time to choose “wipe cache partition” on GT-I9300.
11. It is the perfect time to click “install zip from SD card” on GT-I9300.
12. Now, you will have to choose Omni 5.1 [Alpha] from GT-I9300 SD card.
13. Now, it is the proper time to install Omni 5.1 [Alpha] on GT-I9300.
14. Now, you will have to go to GT-I9300 main menu after installing Omni 5.1 [Alpha].
15. It is the perfect time to click “reboot system now” on GT-I9300.
16. It is necessary to wait until GT-I9300 reboots.
After your S3 GT-I9300 is restarted, you can test Omni 5.1 [Alpha]. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any issue while installing Omni 5.1 [Alpha], then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com.