Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 users. According to Android-Andi, Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM is released for Tab 2 GT-P3100. Recently, I have posted the instructions for updating Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using Resurrection Remix [v5.3.7]. Now the amazing news is that GT-P3100 users can test Lollipop 5.1 via OmniROM on GT-P3100. My dear friend, I am going to write the tutorial for updating Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using OmniROM. This is really an amazing news for GT-P3100 owners who are not happy with old firmware and waiting for Lollipop.
I am hoping that Tab 2 GT-P3100 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via OmniROM on GT-P3100 effortlessly without facing issue after following the tutorial given in Androidbiits.com. OmniROM requires rooted GT-P3100, so you will have to root GT-P3100 before installing Android 5.1 via OmniROM on GT-P3100. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on your GT-P3100. Well, You can do all these tasks after unlocking your GT-P3100 bootloader. Dear friend, I forgot to mention that the USB driver installation of GT-P3100 on your desktop is very crucial. Otherwise, your desktop will not be able to recognize your GT-P3100. My dear friend, you can download this driver from the Official website.
Androidbiits.com recommends that GT-P3100 users must save their documents including contacts before installing Android 5.1 via OmniROM on GT-P3100, as there is a possibility of data loss from their device. Oh yes, If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you may use OmniROM on GT-P3100. The awesome thing is that OmniROM will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on GT-P3100. My dear friend, OmniROM is available for GT-P3100 users who are waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on GT-P3100.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install OmniROM on GT-P3100. Androidbiits.com will not take responsibility if GT-P3100 got broken during this process. Tab 2 GT-P3100 battery must be above 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download OmniROM for GT-P3100.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for your tab.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach device with PC.
5. It is the time to transfer OmniROM to GT-P3100.
6. It is the time to turn off GT-P3100.
7. It is the time to disconnect the USB cable from GT-P3100.
8. It is very crucial to put tab into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on GT-P3100.
10. It is the time to tap “wipe cache partition” on GT-P3100.
11. It is the proper time to tap “install zip from SD card” on GT-P3100.
12. It is the time to choose OmniROM on GT-P3100.
13. It is the time to install OmniROM on tab.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on tab.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on device.
16. It is the time to wait until tab 2 restarts.
After your Tab 2 GT-P3100 is restarted, you can test OmniROM on GT-P3100. If you are experiencing difficulty while installing OmniROM on GT-P3100, then don’t forget to share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.