Are you a proud owner of Sony Xperia S LT26i? Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Sony Xperia S owners. Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSP 5.0 Custom ROM has been released for Sony Xperia S. Recently, I published the steps for installing CyanogenMod 12 Nightly Builds on Sony Xperia Z2 D6503. Now the stunning news is that Sony Xperia S owners can also enjoy Lollipop via nAOSP 5.0. Androidbiits.com is going to write the tutorial for updating Sony Xperia S to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSP 5.0 Custom ROM. It is really a stunning news for Xperia S owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that Sony Xperia S LT26i owners will be able to install nAOSP 5.0 on Xperia S LT26i easily without having any problem after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. nAOSP 5.0 is available only for Sony Xperia S. I forgot to say that Xperia S LT26i owners will have to root Sony Xperia S in order to install nAOSP 5.0. Sony Xperia S LT26i needs CWM recovery installation before being updated to nAOSP 5.0. Androidbiits.com recommends that Xperia S LT26i owners must save their data in a proper place before updating their Xperia S LT26i, as there is a chance of losing all data including contacts and messages from Xperia S LT26i. Well, you must install Xperia S LT26i USB driver on your PC for before connecting LT26i with it. Otherwise, Xperia S LT26i will not be recognized by your computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via nAOSP 5.0. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Xperia S got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0 via nAOSP 5.0. Xperia S battery level must be above 64% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSP 5.0 Custom ROM on Sony Xperia S [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download nAOSP 5.0 Custom ROM for Sony Xperia S.
2. Now you have to flash boot.img on your Sony Xperia S via fastboot. You can find boot.img inside the nAOSP 5.0 Custom ROM Zip file.
3. Go to the settings of your Xperia S and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Xperia S with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Xperia S, you need to transfer nAOSP 5.0 ZIP file to the SD card of Xperia S. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Xperia S and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from Xperia S main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Xperia S.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your Xperia S and then search for nAOSP 5.0 ZIP file from the memory card of Xperia S. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Xperia S and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your Xperia S LT26i reboots. Dear friend, you can watch spongebob movie sponge out of water trailer until your Xperia S reboots. Once it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop on Xperia S LT26i via nAOSP 5.0. If you are having any difficulty while installing nAOSP 5.0, then you can share your issue with Androidbiits.com.