Are you using Sony Xperia U ST25a? Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for Xperia U ST25a users. According to AGONTUK, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 [CM 12 kumquat] Custom ROM is released for Sony Xperia U ST25a. I have already written the tutorial for updating HTC One S to CM 12 ville. Now the amazing news is that Xperia U ST25a users can test Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM 12 kumquat. I will publish the simple steps for updating Sony Xperia U ST25a to Android 5.0.2 via CM 12 kumquat. This is really an amazing news for Xperia U ST25a owners who love to test new ROMs.
I am hoping that Sony Xperia U ST25a owners will be able to install CM 12 kumquat easily without having any difficulty after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. CM 12 kumquat is available only for Sony Xperia U ST25a. Oh yes, CM 12 kumquat requires rooted device, so it is important to root Sony Xperia U ST25a before installing CM 12 kumquat. It is also essential to install CWM recovery on Xperia U ST25a before installing CM 12 kumquat. Androidbiits recommends that Sony Xperia U ST25a users must save their personal files safely before installing CM 12 kumquat, because there is a chance of losing all personal files from Xperia U ST25a. Another important thing is Xperia U ST25a USB driver installation on your PC.
Below are the simple steps using which you can install CM 12 kumquat on Xperia U ST25a. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Xperia U ST25a got broken while being updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM 12 kumquat. ST25a battery level must be above 72% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM 12 kumquat Custom ROM on Sony Xperia U ST25a [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM 12 kumquat for Sony Xperia U ST25a.
2. You can find boot.img inside the CM 12 kumquat folder.
3. Now you have to flash boot.img on Xperia U ST25a via fastboot.
4. Simply, go to the settings of Sony U ST25a and then you must tap USB debugging option.
5. After activating it, you have to attach Sony U ST25a with your PC with the help of USB cable.
6. Once you have successfully connected your Sony U ST25a, you must transfer CM 12 kumquat ZIP file to memory card of ST25a.
7. After transferring CM 12 kumquat, you have to switch off ST25a.
8. After switching off your Sony U ST25a, you have to disconnect the USB cable from it.
9. Now you have to put ST25a into Recovery Mode.
10. After putting ST25a into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from ST25a main menu.
11. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on Sony U ST25a.
12. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Sony U ST25a screen and then search for CM 12 kumquat ZIP file from ST25a memory card.
13. Simply install CM 12 kumquat on ST25a.
14. After installing CM 12 kumquat, you must return to Sony U ST25a main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
15. Now you have to wait until your ST25a reboots.
After Sony U ST25a is rebooted, you can enjoy CM 12 kumquat. If you are having any issue while installing CM 12 kumquat on ST25a, then you may share your issue with Androidbiits.com.