Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Sony Xperia Z C6603 users. According to Olivier, Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial Omni 5.1 [yuga] ROM is released for Sony Xperia Z C6603. You can read my previous article for updating Note 4 SM-N910F to Lollipop 5.1 using AICP 5.1. Now the stunning news is that C6603 users can test Android 5.1.0 via Omni 5.1 [yuga]. Soon, I am going to write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Sony Xperia Z C6603 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using Omni 5.1 [yuga]. This is really a stunning news for C6603 owners who are bored with old firmware and waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on their C6603. Omni 5.1 [yuga] may bring several improvements on C6603.
I am expecting that Xperia Z C6603 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via Omni 5.1 [yuga] easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Omni 5.1 [yuga] requires rooted C6603, so it is essential to root C6603 before installing Omni 5.1 [yuga]. The crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on C6603. You can perform all these works after unlocking C6603 bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience several bugs on your C6603 after installing Omni 5.1 [yuga]. Androidbiits.com recommends that C6603 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via Omni 5.1 [yuga], as there is a chance of data loss from their C6603. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use Omni 5.1 [yuga] on your C6603. The important thing is that Omni 5.1 [yuga] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on C6603.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install Omni 5.1 [yuga]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if C6603 got damaged during the installation of Omni 5.1 [yuga]. C6603 battery level must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Omni 5.1 [yuga] ROM on Sony Xperia Z C6603 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download Omni 5.1 [yuga] for your phone.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for C6603.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach C6603 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer Omni 5.1 [yuga] and Gapps to C6603 SD card.
6. It is the time to switch off C6603.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from C6603.
8. It is very crucial to put your C6603 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on C6603.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on C6603.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing Omni 5.1 [yuga] on your C6603.
12. It is the time to choose Omni 5.1 [yuga] on C6603.
13. It is the time to install Omni 5.1 [yuga] on C6603.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on C6603.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on C6603.
16. It is the time to wait until C6603 restarts.
After your Xperia Z C6603 is rebooted, you can test Omni 5.1 [yuga]. If you are facing difficulty while installing Omni 5.1 [yuga] on C6603, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.