Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Sony Xperia Z1 C6906 users. According to krabappel2548, Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0] ROM is now available for Sony Xperia Z1. In my previous article, I have discussed about the simple tutorial for updating Z1 C6902 to Lollipop 5.0.2 with the help of Resurrection Remix v5.3.8. Now the stunning news is that Z1 C6906 users can test Lollipop 5.1 via AOSP 5.1.0. I am going to discuss about the simple tutorial using which you can update Z1 C6906 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using AOSP 5.1. This is a stunning news for C6906 owners who are ROM lovers and planning to install Lollipop 5.1 on their device.
I am hoping that Xperia Z1 C6906 users will be able to install AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0] effortlessly without experiencing any issue after following the instructions given in Androidbiits.com. Oh yes, AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0] needs rooted C6906, so it is necessary to root Z1 C6906 for installing AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0]. I forget to say that the other crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on C6906 before installing AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0]. You can achieve all these tasks after unlocking your C6906 bootloader. My dear friend, you must note that there is a possibility of experiencing some bugs on C6906 after installing AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0]. Androidbiits.com recommends that C6906 users must save their documents including videos and songs before installing AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0], as there is a chance of losing all documents including videos and songs.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install AOSP 5.1 [WIP]. Androidbiits.com will not take responsibility if C6906 got damaged during this process. Dear C6906 user, you have to flash boot.img on C6906 via fastboot. C6906 battery level must be more than 99% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0] Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 C6906 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download AOSP 5.1 [WIP] for C6906.
2. It is the time to download Gapps for your C6906.
3. It is the time to go to C6906 settings, then it is necessary to select USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach your C6906 with PC.
5. Once you have attached your C6906, it is required to transfer AOSP 5.1 [WIP] and Gapps to C6906 memory card.
6. It is the time to switch off your C6906.
7. After switching off your C6906, it is necessary to disconnect the USB cable.
8. It is the time to put your C6906 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on your C6906.
10. It is the time to select “wipe cache partition” on C6906.
11. It is the time to tap “install zip from SD card” on C6906 to install AOSP 5.1 [WIP].
12. It is the time to choose AOSP 5.1 [WIP] on C6906.
13. It is the time to install AOSP 5.1 [WIP] on C6906.
14. It is the time to go to C6906 main menu.
15. It is the time to choose “reboot system now” on C6906.
16. It is the time to wait until C6906 restarts.
After your Z1 C6906 is restarted, you can test AOSP 5.1 [Beta v5.0]. Oh yes, Finally, you have done it. Dear C6906 user, if you are experiencing any problem while installing AOSP 5.1, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.