Today, Androidbiits.com will share a tremendous news with Sprint LG G2 LS980 users. According to member Rashed97, Android 5.0.2 CM 12.0 [ls980] Custom ROM is released for Sprint LG G2 LS980. Well, I have already published the step-by-step instructions for updating AT&T LG G2 D800 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using CM 12.0 [d800]. Now the tremendous news is that Sprint G2 LS980 users can test CM 12.0 [[ls980]. Today, I will discuss about the steps for updating Sprint LG G2 LS980 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using CM 12.0 [ls980]. This is really a tremendous news for Sprint G2 LS980 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that Sprint LG G2 LS980 users will be able to install CM 12.0 [ls980] quickly without facing any difficulty after reading the step-by-step tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Dear Sprint G2 LS980 user, CM 12.0 [ls980] requires rooted LS980, so it is necessary to root Sprint G2 LS980. Oh yes, the essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Sprint G2 LS980. Dear, you can do all these tasks after unlocking LG LS980 bootloader. Dear, you may experience many bugs on Sprint G2 LS980 after installing CM 12.0 [ls980]. Androidbiits.com recommends that Sprint G2 LS980 users must save their data before installing CM 12.0 [ls980], as there is a possibility of losing all data from Sprint G2 LS980. The essential thing is G2 LS980 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM 12.0 [ls980]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Sprint G2 LS980 got broken during this process. LS980 battery percentage must be more than 76% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM 12.0 [ls980] Custom ROM on Sprint LG G2 LS980 [Simple Instructions]
1. It is necessary to download CM 12.0 [ls980] for your G2 LS980.
2. Now, it is required to download Gapps for your Sprint G2 LS980.
3. It is the time to go to the settings of Sprint G2 LS980 and then it is essential to tap USB debugging option.
4. Now, it is necessary to attach LS980 with your desktop with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Sprint G2 LS980, it is necessary to transfer CM 12.0 [ls980] and Gapps ZIP file to LS980 memory card.
6. After transferring CM 12.0 [ls980] and Gapps, it is necessary to switch off LS980.
7. After switching off G2 LS980, it is necessary to disconnect the USB cable.
8. Now, it is required to put your G2 LS980 into Recovery Mode.
9. Now, it is necessary to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option.
10. Now, it is required to select “wipe cache partition” option.
11. It is the perfect time to choose “install zip from SD card” option on Sprint LS980 screen and then it is necessary to choose CM 12 [ls980] and Gapps ZIP file from LS980 SD card.
12. Now, it is required to install CM 12 [ls980] and Gapps.
13. Now, it is necessary to go to Sprint LS980 main menu and quickly choose “reboot system now” option.
14. It is the time to wait until your favorite smartphone LS980 reboots.
After your Sprint G2 LS980 is restarted, you can test CM 12.0 [ls980]. I forgot to say that, if you are having any problem while installing CM 12.0 [ls980], then you must share your problem with Androidbiits.com.