Are you a proud owner of Sprint LG Optimus G LS970? Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Optimus G LS970 users. CyanogenMod 12 Nightly [ls970] Custom ROM is now released for Sprint LG Optimus G LS970. Previously, I have posted the steps for updating Boost Mobile Motorola Moto G XT1031 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using CM12 ROM. Well, the stunning news is that LG Optimus G LS970 users can now test CM 12 Nightly on their LS970. Today, I will discuss about the steps for updating Sprint LG Optimus G LS970 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM 12 Nightly [ls970].This is really a stunning news for Optimus G LS970 owners who love to test Custom ROM.
I am hoping that Sprint LG Optimus G LS970 owners will be able to install CM 12 on LS970 easily without experiencing any difficulty after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Optimus G LS970 user, CM 12 requires rooted LS970, so it is essential to root LG Optimus G LS970. It is also necessary to install CWM recovery on Optimus G LS970. You can do it after unlocking LS970 bootloader. Dear Optimus G LS970 user, you may face some bugs after installing CM12 on LS970. Androidbiits.com recommends that LG Optimus G LS970 users must save their data safely before updating their Optimus G LS970, as there is a chance of losing all data from LS970. Another essential thing is Optimus G LS970 USB driver installation on your PC.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM 12 on Optimus G LS970. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if LS970 got broken during this process. LS970 battery level must be above 94% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 Nightly [ls970] Custom ROM on Sprint LG Optimus G LS970 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM 12 for Sprint LG Optimus G LS970.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Optimus G LS970.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Optimus G LS970 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Sprint Optimus G LS970 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Optimus G LS970, you must transfer Gapps and CM 12 ZIP file to LS970 memory card.
6. After transferring CM 12 and Gapps, you have to switch off LS970.
7. After switching off LS970, you have to remove the USB cable from LS970.
8. Now you have to put your Optimus G LS970 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Optimus G LS970 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from LS970 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on LS970.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Optimus G LS970 screen and then search for CM 12 and Gapps ZIP file from LS970 memory card.
12. Simply install CM 12 and Gapps on LS970.
13. After installing Gapps and CM 12, you must go to LS970 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your LS970 reboots.
After Optimus G LS970 is rebooted, you can test CM12 on LS970. If you are having any issue while installing CM12 on Optimus G LS970, then you may share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.