Are you using Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056? Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for Sprint Moto X XT1056 (Ghost) users. According to tingljjdehua, CM12 is now available for Moto X. In the previous post, I have written the steps for updating AT&T Motorola Moto X XT1058 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM 12. Now the tremendous news is that Sprint Moto X XT1056 (Ghost) users can test CM 12. In this post, I will write the method for updating Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CM 12 ROM. I must say this is a tremendous news for Moto X XT1056 owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056 owners will be able to install CM 12 on XT1056 easily without facing any issue after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. Sprint Moto X XT1056 users can now enjoy lollipop using this ROM. Oh yes, CM 12 requires rooted XT1056, so it is essential to root Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056. It is also necessary to install CWM recovery on Sprint Moto X XT1056. Androidbiits.com recommends that Sprint Moto X XT1056 users must save their important data securely before updating their XT1056, as there is a chance of losing all important data from XT1056. Another essential thing is XT1056 USB driver installation on your PC.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM 12 on Sprint Moto X XT1056. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if XT1056 got broken while being updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM 12. XT1056 battery level must be above 78% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM on Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM 12 for Sprint Motorola Moto X XT1056 (Ghost).
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Moto X XT1056.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Sprint Moto X XT1056 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Moto X XT1056 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Sprint Moto X XT1056, you must transfer Gapps and CM 12 ROM ZIP file to XT1056 memory card.
6. After transferring CM 12 ROM and Gapps, you have to switch off XT1056.
7. After switching off Sprint Moto X XT1056, you have to disconnect the USB cable from XT1056.
8. Now you have to put your X XT1056 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting X XT1056 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT1056 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on Sprint Moto X XT1056.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Sprint Moto X XT1056 screen and then search for CM 12 ROM and Gapps ZIP file from XT1056 memory card.
12. Simply install CM 12 ROM and Gapps on XT1056.
13. After installing Gapps and CM 12 ROM, you must return to Sprint Moto X XT1056 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT1056 reboots.
After Sprint Moto X XT1056 is rebooted, you can test CM12 on XT1056. If you are having any issue while installing CM12 on XT1056, then you may share your issue with Androidbiits.com.