If you are a big fan of tablets, then you must have heard about Asus Nexus 7. It is one of the popular tablets available in the market. It has managed to attract many tablet lovers. Asus has added 7-inch display in this tablet. I am going to share a piece of good news with all Asus Nexus 7 users. Android 4.4.2 KitKat Lego ROM has been released for this 7-inch Asus tablet. In the previous article, I have posted the steps for installing Android KitKat SpiritROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Now you can update Asus Nexus 7 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Lego ROM.
This is really a great news for all Nexus 7 users who are bored with the old firmware. You can enjoy some new features after installing Lego ROM on your 7-inch Asus tablet. It provides a great gaming experience. You can play raging thunder on the 7-inch screen of this tab. Asus has also added 5MP camera in this tab. You must root this 7-inch Asus tablet in order to install Lego ROM. It is also essential to install CWM recovery on your Nexus tab before updating it. All data available on your Asus Nexus 7 may be vanished, so you must take a backup before following the steps. You must install Nexus 7 USB driver on your Windows PC or Mac PC before connecting your tab.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lego ROM on your Nexus tab. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your 7-inch Nexus tab got corrupted during the installation process. The battery level of your Asus Nexus 7 must be above 95% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Lego ROM on Asus Nexus 7
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Lego ROM from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for Asus Nexus 7 from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Asus Nexus 7 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your 7-inch Nexus tab with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your 7-inch tab, you have to transfer Lego ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your 7-inch Nexus tab. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your 7-inch Nexus tab and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your 7-inch Nexus tab.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 7-inch Nexus tab.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Lego ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your 7-inch Nexus tab. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your 7-inch Nexus tab and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your 7-inch Nexus tab restarts. It may take around 7 minutes to reboot. Once your Asus Nexus 7 is restarted, you can enjoy Lego ROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Lego ROM on your 7-inch Nexus tab, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.