The popularity of tablet is increasing day by day. People are loving to carry big devices. Google Nexus 7 is one of the most popular tablets available in the market. This tablet is very special because it is manufactured by the search engine giant Google. If you are using Google Nexus 7, then you will be happy to know that KitKat ElementalX OmniROM has been released for your tablet. I have recently posted the procedure to update this tablet to KitKat GwT AOSP Custom ROM. Now you can update Google Nexus 7 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM.
This is a pretty good news for Google Nexus 7 users. You can experience many exciting features after installing KitKat ElementalX OmniROM on your 7-inch tablet. You can take decent quality photos using the 5 MP camera of this tablet. If you are planning to install the new Custom ROM on your Google Nexus, then you will have to root your 7-inch tablet first. ElementalX OmniROM is not an official firmware, so it is required to install CMW recovery on your Google Nexus 7 before updating it. All your data will be removed from your 7-inch tablet after the update process, so you must save them securely in other place. Google Nexus 7 USB driver need to be installed on your computer for successful connection between your tablet and PC.
Are you ready to update your Google Nexus 7? Below are the steps using which you can install KitKat ElementalX OmniROM on your tab. One thing you must keep in your mind that Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your Google Nexus 7 got damaged during the installation process. The battery level of your Google Nexus 7 must be above 90% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM on Google Nexus 7
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Google Nexus 7.
3. Now you have to connect your Google Nexus 7 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your Google tab, you have to transfer the ElementalX OmniROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Google Nexus 7 from your PC. Then, you have to switch off your Nexus 7.
5. Remove the USB cable from your 7-inch tablet and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Nexus 7.
7. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Nexus 7.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for KitKat ElementalX OmniROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Google Nexus 7. Then, install them on your tab.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Google Nexus 7 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Google Nexus 7 restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your tab is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat ElementalX OmniROM on your tab. If you found any difficulty while installing KitKat ElementalX OmniROM on your Google Nexus 7, then you can share your difficulty in the comment section.