Are you using Google Nexus 7? It is very popular among tablet lovers. The most important thing is that search engine giant Google has manufactured this tablet. If you are a proud owner of Google Nexus 7, then I have some good news for you. GwT AOSP custom ROM has been released for this tablet. I have recently posted the steps to update Nexus 7 to KitKat Validus custom ROM. Now you can update Google Nexus 7 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat GwT AOSP custom ROM. You can take the advantage of many exciting features after installing KitKat GwT AOSP custom ROM on your Nexus 7.
I love to play Angry Birds on the 7-inch screen of Nexus 7. But, I am not satisfied with the camera of this tablet. It includes 1.2 MP camera, which is not good for taking high quality photos. If you want to install the new custom ROM on your Nexus 7, then you must root it first. Another important thing is that you will have to install CMW recovery on your 7-inch tablet before updating it to GwT AOSP custom ROM. You should note that all data including contacts and messages will be removed from your tablet after the installation process, so you must save them properly. If you have not installed Google Nexus 7 USB driver on your PC, then you must install this driver before connecting your tablet.
Now you must be eagerly waiting to install GwT AOSP custom ROM on your 7-inch tablet. Don’t worry. I will not any more time to write the steps for updating your Nexus 7 to the new custom ROM. You should note that Androidbiits will not be responsible if you broke your Nexus 7 after following this tutorial. Check the battery of your Google Nexus 7. If it is low, then you must charge it 100% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat GwT AOSP Custom ROM on Google Nexus 7
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat GwT AOSP Custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your 7-inch tablet.
3. Now you have to connect your 7-inch tablet with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your Nexus 7, you have to transfer the downloaded KitKat GwT AOSP Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Nexus 7 from your PC. You have to switch off your Nexus 7 after completion of the transfer process.
5. Remove the USB cable from your Google Nexus 7 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu after putting your Nexus 7 into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 7-inch tablet.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu of your tab. Then, search for the KitKat GwT AOSP custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your 7-inch tablet. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now you have to return back to the main menu of your 7-inch tablet and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your 7-inch tablet restarts. Your Nexus 7 may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your 7-inch tablet is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat GwT AOSP Custom ROM on your Nexus 7. If you are facing any difficulty while installing KitKat GwT AOSP on your 7-inch tablet, then you can share your difficulty with us using the comment section.