If you are using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889, then you might be planning to install a Custom ROM on your Note II. Now the question is how to do it? Don’t worry my dear friend, I will help you. Today, I will discuss about IllusionRom that is a Custom ROM specially designed for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889. Recently, I have posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android KitKat Heisenberg Custom ROM. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat IllusionRom.
IllusionRom is a popular Custom ROM available for Galaxy Note 2. You can enjoy several features on your Note 2 after installing IllusionRom. This is a pretty good news for Note 2 owners who are bored with the official firmware. My dear friend you must root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 in order to install IllusionRom. CWM recovery also need to be installed on Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 before updating it to IllusionRom. You must save all your contacts available on your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 before updating it to IllusionRom. Well, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 USB driver need to be installed on your PC for successful connection between your Galaxy Note 2 and computer.
Now you must be eagerly waiting to test IllusionRom. You can follow the steps posted below to install IllusionRom on your Note 2. You must note that Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 got corrupted during the installation process. The important thing is that your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 battery level must be above 82% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat IllusionRom on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889
1. First, you have to download IllusionRom from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for Note 2 SGH-T889 from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of your Galaxy Note II and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your 5.7 inch Note 2, you have to transfer IllusionRom ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Note 2 SGH-T889. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your 5.5 inch Note II and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for IllusionRom ZIP file and Google
Apps package from the SD card of your 5.5 inch Note II. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your 5.5 inch Note II restarts. It may take around 4 minutes to reboot. You can have a cup of tea during this time. Once your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 is restarted, you can enjoy IllusionRom. If you are facing any difficulty while installing IllusionRom, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.