Are you running Android Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100? Today, I am going to share some good news with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 owners who are running Android Jelly Bean on their device. Now you can enjoy all features of Android KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSB Project Custom ROM has been released for Galaxy S II. In the previous article, I have posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 to Android KitKat XXUAND1. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSB Project Custom ROM.
This is really a great news for Galaxy S II users who are bored with Android Jelly Bean. You can experience the improvement after installing KitKat AOSB Project Custom ROM. One thing I love about Samsung Galaxy S2 is its camera. This phone comes with 8MP camera that can be used for capturing stunning photos. You will need to root your Galaxy S II in order to install AOSB Project Custom ROM. You will also have to install CWM recovery on S II before updating it. Backup all data before updating your S2 GT-I9100. The most essential thing is Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 USB driver. You need to install it on your Windows PC or Mac PC before connecting your Galaxy S II.
Below are the steps using which you can install AOSB Project Custom ROM on your Samsung S II. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your S II got corrupted during the installation process. Another important thing is that the battery level of your Samsung S II must be above 96% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSB Project Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSB Project Custom ROM from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for Samsung S2 from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Galaxy S2 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Samsung S2 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your S2, you have to transfer AOSB Project Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Samsung S2. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Samsung S2 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your S2.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your S2.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for AOSB Project Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your S2. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Samsung S2 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Samsung S2 restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your S II is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat AOSB Project Custom firmware. If you are facing any difficulty while installing AOSB Project Custom ROM on your Samsung S2, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.