Have you managed to get your hands on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F? Are you wondering how to update this phone to a new Custom firmware? Several big screen smartphones are available in the market. Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is one of them. It comes with 5.1 inch screen. If you are planning to update your Samsung Galaxy S5, then you are in the right place. I am going to say something about a Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. The name of this Custom ROM is AllianceROM. I have recently posted an article about updating Samsung Galaxy Y to Android 4.4.2 PureKAT Custom ROM. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 4.4.2 KitKat AllianceROM.
AllianceROM is one of the popular ROMs available for Galaxy S5. You can enjoy several new features on your phone after installing AllianceROM. This is a pretty good news for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F users who are bored with the old firmware and planning to install a new ROM. You must root your Galaxy S5 in order to install AllianceROM. CWM recovery need to be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F before updating it to AllianceROM. You must backup contacts and messages available on your Galaxy S5 before updating it. My dear friend you must install Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F USB driver on your computer before connecting your phone.
You can follow the steps posted below to update your Galaxy S5 to AllianceROM. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 got damaged during the installation process. Your Galaxy S5 battery level must be above 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat AllianceROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat AllianceROM from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Galaxy S5 from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Galaxy S5, you have to transfer AllianceROM ZIP file and Google Apps package
to the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F from your PC. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Galaxy S5.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Galaxy S5.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for AllianceROM ZIP file and
Google Apps package from the SD card of your Galaxy S5. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy S5 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your 5.1-inch Samsung Galaxy S5 is restarted, you can enjoy AllianceROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing AllianceROM, then you can tell your difficulty in the comment section below.