You can find several low priced Android smartphones in the market. Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is one of them. The South Korean giant Samsung has manufactured this phone specially for the people who love to buy budget smartphone. It includes 3.0 inch screen. If you are planning to install a new Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y, then you are browsing the proper website. Today, I am going to discuss about a Custom ROM for Galaxy Y. It is named as “PureKAT”. I have recently posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android KitKat Hypermax ROM. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat PureKAT Custom ROM.
I am not saying that PureKAT is the best ROM for Galaxy Y, but you can experience some exciting features after installing PureKAT. It is specially designed for Samsung Galaxy Y users who are bored with the old firmware. You will need to root your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 in order to install PureKAT. CWM recovery also need to be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Y before updating it to PureKAT. Backup contacts, photos, videos, and messages available on your Galaxy Y before following the steps. Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 USB driver need to be installed on your computer for successful connection between your Galaxy Y and PC.
You can follow the steps posted below to install PureKAT on your Samsung Galaxy Y. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 got damaged during the installation process. Your Galaxy Y battery level must be above 90% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat PureKAT Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat PureKAT Custom ROM from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Galaxy Y from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Galaxy Y with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Samsung Galaxy Y, you have to transfer PureKAT Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Galaxy Y from your PC. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Galaxy Y.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Galaxy Y.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for PureKAT Custom ROM ZIP file and
Google Apps package from the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy Y. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy Y and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 restarts. It may take around 6 minutes to reboot. Once your Galaxy Y is restarted, you can enjoy PureKAT ROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing PureKAT Custom ROM on your Galaxy Y, then you can tell your difficulty in the comment section below.