Today, I am going to discuss one of my favorite smartphones. Its name is Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. This phone has managed to attract many big screen smartphone lovers. The South Korean company Samsung has added 5.1 inch screen in this phone. If you are a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, then I have some good news for you. Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANE2 has been released for your Galaxy S5. I have recently published an article for updating Samsung Galaxy S5 G900K to KitKat KTU1AND5. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANE2.
This is really a great news for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F users. You can experience the improvement after installing the new official firmware on your Galaxy S5. You can capture your special moments using the 8MP camera of this Android smartphone. It is not essential to install CWM recovery on your Galaxy S5 before updating it to KitKat XXU1ANE2. Have you already rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F? Your phone will lose root after installing the official firmware, but you can also root Galaxy S5 again after installing the official firmware. Don’t forget to backup all data available on your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F before installing KitKat XXU1ANE2. Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F USB driver need to be installed on your PC for successful connection between your Galaxy S5 and PC.
You can follow the steps posted below to install KitKat XXU1ANE2 on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F got corrupted during the update process. The battery level of your 5.1 inch Galaxy S5 must be above 88% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANE2 on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANE2 on your PC.
2. It’s time to download Odin on your PC.
3. Now you have to put your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.
- Push the volume down button and home button of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F simultaneously.
- Press the Power button of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button.
- After a few minutes you will be able to see a warning message on your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Press the Power button again after viewing this warning message to put your phone into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F with your PC.
6. Now you have to extract the ZIP file of Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANE2 on your PC downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the ZIP file of KitKat XXU1ANE2, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “.tar.md5″ file.
8. Now you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “modem” file.
9. Now you have to press “CSC” in Odin and choose “csc” file.
10. Press “PIT” in Odin and choose “.pit” file.
11. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
You will have to wait until your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F restarts. It may take around 6 minutes to reboot. Once your 5.1 inch Android smartphone is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat XXU1ANE2 firmware on your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. If you are facing any difficulty while installing KitKat XXU1ANE2 firmware on your 5.1 inch Android smartphone, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.