Are you an owner of Samsung Galaxy S5? Androidbiits.com is going to share some good news with Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K users. Now you can install a new firmware update. Android 4.4.2 KitKat KTU1ANE8 [G900KKTU1ANE8] has been released for Galaxy S5 SM-G900K. I am here to help you in installing Android 4.4.2 KTU1ANE8 on your S5 SM-G900K. In the previous post, I have written the steps for installing Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANE2 on Samsung Galaxy S III mini Value Edition. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K to Android 4.4.2 KitKat KTU1ANE8.
You can easily update your S5 to Android 4.4.2 KTU1ANE8 after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. G900KKTU1ANE8 will bring some improvements to your Galaxy S5 SM-G900K. Well, CWM recovery is not needed to be installed on your S5. Yes, you can also root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K after installing Android 4.4.2 KTU1ANE8. You must backup all contacts and photos in a secure place before installing G900KKTU1ANE8. Galaxy S5 SM-G900K USB driver is needed to be installed on your PC before connecting your 5.1-inch phone.
Below are the steps using which you can install Android 4.4.2 KitKat KTU1ANE8 on Galaxy S5 SM-G900K. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your 5.1-inch S5 got corrupted during the update process. Well, Galaxy S5 SM-G900K battery level must be above 99% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat KTU1ANE8 [G900KKTU1ANE8] on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat KTU1ANE8 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download Odin to install G900KKTU1ANE8 on your Galaxy S5 SM-G900K.
3. Now you have to put your Galaxy S5 SM-G900K into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5.
- Press Galaxy S5 volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press Galaxy S5 Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of 5.1-inch phone. You will be able to view a warning message on your S5 SM-G900K after some time.
- Press Galaxy S5 Power button again after viewing this warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your Galaxy S5 SM-G900K with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 SM-G900K with your PC.
6. Now you have to extract the ZIP file of KitKat KTU1ANE8 on your PC downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the ZIP file of KitKat KTU1ANE8, you have to press “AP” in Odin and choose
8. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Auto-reboot” option.
You will have to wait until your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 SM-G900K restarts. It may take around 8 minutes to reboot. Once your S5 SM-G900K is restarted, you can enjoy G900KKTU1ANE8. If you are facing any difficulty while installing G900KKTU1ANE8, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.