Today, Androidbiits.com will share a tremendous news with Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M) (sunfish) owners. This smartphone was launched in August 2020. It comes with stereo speakers, magnetometer, USB Type-C v3.1 support, gyrometer, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and 18W fast charging support. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of Pixel 4a G025N, then you can install Magisk on it by patching its stock firmware boot image using Magisk Manager v8.0.2. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Pixel 4a (G025M, G025N) by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Pixel 4a G025N. You can use Magisk Manager v8.0.2 to patch boot image of your phone. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader of Google Pixel 4a. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Pixel 4a. Magisk Manager v8.0.2 is developed by topjohnwu.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M) using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions of your phone. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROM on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M) using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Pixel 4a G025M, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2. Pixel 4a battery must be above 84 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Google Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M, G025N) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Google Pixel 4a bootloader.
2. Extract OEM provided stock firmware factory image of Google Pixel 4a and copy stock boot image file to your desktop. You can find stock firmware using Google.
3. Download Magisk Manager v8.0.2 apk and install it on your phone.
4. Install USB driver on desktop.
5. Activate USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone.
6. You have to download SDK Platform Tools ZIP file.
7. Open platform tools folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
8. Attach your phone with desktop and transfer stock firmware Boot img file to your phone.
9. Start Magisk Manager v8.0.2 on Pixel 4a and choose Patch Boot Image File option to create the “magisk_patched” Boot Image File.
10. Select the stock boot img file that you have transferred to your phone.
11. Copy the “magisk_patched” Boot Image File from Pixel 4a to platform tools folder on your PC.
12. Remove the USB cable from your phone.
13. Turn off your phone, then press power button and volume down button simultaneously to put Google Pixel 4a into Fastboot mode.
14. Attach your phone with desktop
15. Inside the platform tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
16. Enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
17. Enter the following command after the installation process is completed:
You have successfully rooted Pixel 4a (G025J, G025M). If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Pixel 4a using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Pixel 4a. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.