If you are desperately waiting to test Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100, then Androidbiits.com is here to help you in installing Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Alpha 5 Custom ROM on your Note 2 GT-N7100. Today, I will talk about CM12 Alpha 5 ROM that is specially designed for Note 2 GT-N7100. Previously, I published the instructions for installing Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 ROM on S4 Mini GT-I9195. Now the news is that Note 2 GT-N7100 users can also enjoy Lollipop. I am going to write the step-by-step tutorial using which you can update Note 2 GT-N7100 to Android 5.0 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 Alpha 5 ROM. Definitely, it is an awesome news for Note 2 GT-N7100 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am hoping that you will be able to install the new CM12 Alpha 5 ROM on your Note 2 GT-N7100 easily without having any issue after reading the steps published in Androidbiits.com. CM12 Alpha 5 is a popular Custom ROM that is released for Note 2 GT-N7100. I forgot to say that Note 2 users will have to root their Note 2 GT-N7100 in order to install CM12 Alpha 5 ROM. Most important thing is that CWM recovery must be installed on Note 2 GT-N7100 before updating it to Lollipop via CM12 Alpha 5 ROM. Dear Note 2 GT-N7100 user, you must backup your personal contacts in a secure place before updating Note 2 GT-N7100 to Lollipop via CM12 Alpha 5. Dear Note 2 user, you must install GT-N7100 USB driver on your Windows computer for successful attachment between your GT-N7100 and your PC. Otherwise, your Note 2 GT-N7100 will be unrecognized by your PC.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via CM12 Alpha 5 on Note 2 GT-N7100. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if GT-N7100 got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0 via CM12 Alpha 5. Note 2 GT-N7100 battery level must be above 48% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Alpha 5 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Alpha 5 ROM for your Note 2 GT-N7100.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for Note 2 GT-N7100.
2. Go to the settings of your Note 2 GT-N7100 and enable USB debugging.
3. Now you have to connect your Note 2 GT-N7100 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your Note 2 GT-N7100, you need to transfer Gapps and CyanogenMod 12 Alpha 5 ROM ZIP file to the SD card of your Note 2 GT-N7100. Then, switch it off.
5. Remove the USB cable from your Note 2 GT-N7100 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from Note 2 GT-N7100 main menu.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Note 2 GT-N7100.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your Note 2 GT-N7100 and then search for Gapps and CM12 Alpha 5 ZIP file from the SD card of your Note 2. Then, install them.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Note 2 GT-N7100 and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your Note 2 GT-N7100 restarts. You can take a break for a few seconds until your Note 2 GT-N7100 restarts. Once it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop CM12 Alpha 5 ROM on GT-N7100. If you are having any difficulty while installing the CM12 Alpha 5, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com via the comment section below.