Are you a proud owner of AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897? Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Captivate SGH-I897 users. According to Nick0703, Android 4.4.4 KitKat PAC-ROM KK RC-3 Custom ROM is now available for AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897. Recently, I have published the step-by-step tutorial for updating Sprint HTC One PN07200 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via AICP 1.0RC0. Now the exciting news is that Captivate SGH-I897 owners can try PAC-ROM KK RC-3 on their SGH-I897. Today, I will discuss the step-by-step method for updating AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with the help of PAC-ROM KK RC-3. This is an exciting news for Captivate SGH-I897 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am hoping that AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897 owners will be able to install PAC-ROM KK RC-3 effortlessly without facing any difficulty after following the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Dear Captivate SGH-I897 user, PAC-ROM KK RC-3 requires rooted SGH-I897, so it is required to root Samsung Captivate SGH-I897. Oh yes, the key thing is CWM recovery installation on Captivate SGH-I897. Dear, you can do all these works after unlocking Captivate SGH-I897 bootloader. Oh yes, you may face some bugs on Captivate SGH-I897 after installing PAC-ROM KK RC-3. Androidbiits.com recommends that Captivate SGH-I897 users must take a backup of their files including contacts before installing PAC-ROM KK RC-3, as there is a chance of losing all files from Captivate SGH-I897. Oh yes, the key thing is Captivate SGH-I897 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install PAC-ROM KK RC-3. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Captivate SGH-I897 got corrupted during this process. SGH-I897 battery percentage must be more than 84% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat PAC-ROM KK RC-3 Custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download PAC-ROM KK RC-3 for AT&T Samsung Captivate SGH-I897.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Captivate SGH-I897.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Captivate SGH-I897 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Captivate SGH-I897 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Captivate SGH-I897, you must transfer PAC-ROM KK RC-3 and Gapps ZIP file to SGH-I897 memory card.
6. After transferring PAC-ROM KK RC-3 and Gapps, you have to switch off Captivate SGH-I897.
7. After switching off Captivate SGH-I897, simply disconnect the USB cable.
8. Now you have to put your Captivate SGH-I897 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Captivate SGH-I897 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from SGH-I897 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on SGH-I897.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Captivate SGH-I897 screen and then search for PAC-ROM KK RC-3 and Gapps ZIP file from SGH-I897 memory card.
12. Simply install PAC-ROM KK RC-3 and Gapps on Captivate SGH-I897.
13. After installing Gapps and PAC-ROM KK RC-3, you must go to Captivate SGH-I897 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your Captivate SGH-I897 reboots.
After Captivate SGH-I897 is rebooted, you can test PAC-ROM KK RC-3 easily. Dear SGH-I897 user, if you are experiencing any problem while installing SGH-I897, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.