Are you a user of HTC Butterfly S? Androidbiits.com brings an outstanding news for Butterfly S users. According to xXminiWHOOPERxX, Android 5.0.1 Lollipop GPE ROM is now available for HTC Butterfly S. Previously, I have published the tutorial for updating Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 to KitKat 4.4.4 via BeanStalk [quincyatt]. Now the outstanding news is that Butterfly S owners can try Lollipop GPE. Now, I will discuss the step-by-step method for updating HTC Butterfly S to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using GPE ROM. This is an outstanding news for Butterfly S owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that HTC Butterfly S users will be able to install Lollipop GPE easily without facing any difficulty after following the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Dear Butterfly S user, Lollipop GPE requires rooted Note Butterfly S, so it is required to root HTC Butterfly S. Oh yes, the essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Butterfly S. Well, you can perform all these tasks after unlocking Butterfly S bootloader. Oh yes, you may experience some bugs on Butterfly S after installing Lollipop GPE. Androidbiits.com recommends that Butterfly S users must take a backup of their files including messages before installing Lollipop GPE, as there is a chance of losing all files from Butterfly S. Oh yes, the key thing is Butterfly S USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install Lollipop GPE. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Butterfly S got broken during this process. Butterfly S battery percentage must be more than 82% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop GPE ROM on HTC Butterfly S [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Lollipop GPE ROM for Butterfly S.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Butterfly S.
3. You have to flash boot.img on Butterfly S via fastboot.
4. Simply, go to the settings of Butterfly S and then you must tap USB debugging option.
5. After activating it, you have to attach Butterfly S with your PC with the help of USB cable.
6. Once you have successfully connected your Butterfly S, you must transfer Lollipop GPE and Gapps ZIP file to Butterfly S memory card.
7. After transferring Lollipop GPE and Gapps, you have to switch off Butterfly S.
8. After switching off Butterfly S, simply disconnect the USB cable.
9. Now you have to put your Butterfly S into Recovery Mode.
10. After putting Butterfly S into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from Butterfly S main menu.
11. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on Butterfly S.
12. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Butterfly S screen and then search for Lollipop GPE and Gapps ZIP file from Butterfly S memory card.
13. Simply install Lollipop GPE and Gapps on Butterfly S.
14. After installing Gapps and Lollipop GPE, you must go to Butterfly S main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
15. Now you have to wait until your Butterfly S reboots.
After Butterfly S is rebooted, you can test Lollipop GPE easily. Dear Butterfly S user, if you are experiencing any problem while installing Lollipop GPE, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.