Are you a proud owner of HTC Desire 816? Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Desire 816 owners. Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 Desire 816 Custom ROM is now available for HTC Desire 816. Recently, I published the steps for installing AOSP FML on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Now the stunning news is that HTC Desire 816 owners can also enjoy Lollipop via CM 12 Desire 816. Androidbiits.com is going to write the tutorial for updating HTC Desire 816 to Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 Desire 816. It is really a stunning news for HTC Desire 816 owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that HTC Desire 816 owners will be able to install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 on Desire 816 easily without having any problem after following the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. CM 12 Desire 816 is available only for HTC Desire 816. Oh yes, I forgot to write that Desire 816 owners will have to root HTC Desire 816 in order to install CM 12. Desire 816 is very popular among big screen smartphone lovers due to its 5.5 inch screen. Desire 816 needs CWM recovery installation before being updated to Lollipop CM 12 Desire 816. Androidbiits.com recommends that HTC Desire 816 owners must save their data in a safe place before updating their Desire 816, as there is a chance of losing all data from HTC Desire 816. Well, you must install HTC Desire 816 USB driver on your PC before connecting Desire 816 with it. Otherwise, your PC will not be able to recognize it.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via CM 12 on Desire 816. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Desire 816 got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0 via CM 12. Desire 816 battery level must be above 82% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM on HTC Desire 816 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Lollipop CM 12 Custom ROM for HTC Desire 816.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for HTC Desire 816.
3. Go to the settings of your Desire 816 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your HTC Desire 816 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your HTC Desire 816, you need to transfer Gapps and CM 12 Desire 816 ZIP file to the SD card of HTC Desire 816. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your HTC Desire 816 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from HTC Desire 816 main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Desire 816.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your HTC Desire 816 and then search for Gapps and CM 12 Desire 816 ZIP file from the SD card of HTC. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your HTC Desire 816 and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your HTC Desire 816 restarts. That’s it. Dear friend, you can eat Camu Camu berry until your Desire 816 reboots. After it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop on Desire 816. If you are having any issue while installing CM 12 on Desire 816, then you can share your issue with Androidbiits.com.