Are you waiting to test Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Verizon HTC Droid DNA? Androidbiits.com comes with an exciting news for HTC Droid DNA owners. According to santod040, Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CM12 dlx Custom ROM is now available for Verizon HTC Droid DNA (HTC6435LVW). Recently, I published the steps for installing CM 12.0 on Grand Duos GT-I9082. Now the exciting news is that HTC Droid DNA owners can also enjoy Lollipop via CM12 dlx. Androidbiits.com is going to write the tutorial for updating HTC Droid DNA to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CM12 dlx. It is really an exciting news for Droid DNA owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that Droid DNA owners will be able to install CM12 dlx easily without having any problem after following the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. CM12 dlx is available only for Droid DNA. Oh yes, I forgot to write that Droid DNA owners will have to root HTC Droid DNA in order to install CM12 dlx. Droid DNA is very popular among American smartphone lovers due to the presence of several stunning features. Droid DNA needs CWM recovery installation before being updated to CM12 dlx. Androidbiits.com recommends that Droid DNA owners must save their data in a safe place before updating their Droid DNA (HTC6435LVW), as there is a chance of losing all data from Droid DNA. Well, you must install Droid DNA HTC6435LVW USB driver on your PC before connecting HTC6435LVW with it. Otherwise, your PC will not be able to recognize Droid DNA.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via CM12 dlx. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Droid DNA got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0.1 via CM12 dlx. Droid DNA battery level must be above 82% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 dlx Custom ROM on Verizon HTC Droid DNA [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Lollipop CM12 dlx Custom ROM for Droid DNA.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for HTC Droid DNA.
3. If your HTC Droid DNA have S-ON, then you have to flash boot.img on your Droid DNA via fastboot. You can find boot.img inside the CM12 dlx Custom ROM Zip file.
4. If your Droid DNA have S-OFF, then you don’t need to follow STEP 3.
5. Go to the settings of your Droid DNA and enable USB debugging.
6. Now you have to connect your Droid DNA with your PC via USB cable.
7. After connecting your Droid, you need to transfer Gapps and CM12 dlx ZIP file to the SD card of Droid DNA. Then, switch it off.
8. Remove the USB cable from your HTC Droid DNA and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
9. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from Droid DNA main menu.
10. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Droid DNA.
11. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your HTC Droid DNA and then search for Gapps and CM12 dlx ZIP file from the SD card of Droid DNA. Then, install them.
12. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Droid DNA and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your Droid DNA restarts. You can take some rest until your HTC6435LVW reboots. After it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop on Droid DNA (HTC6435LVW). If you are having any issue while installing CM12 dlx on Droid DNA, then you can share your issue with Androidbiits.com.