Androidbiits.com brings a glorious news for Verizon LG G2 VS980 users. According to varund7726, Android 5.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 ROM is now available for Verizon LG G2 VS980. You can read my previous article for updating AT&T LG G2 D800 to Lollipop 5.1 using Resurrection Remix 5.4.0. Now the glorious news is that VS980 users can test Android 5.1.0 via Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. Soon, I am going to write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Verizon LG G2 VS980 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. This is really a glorious news for VS980 owners who are bored with old firmware and planning to test Lollipop 5.1 on their VS980. Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 may bring several improvements on VS980.
I am expecting that G2 VS980 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 requires rooted VS980, so it is essential to root VS980 before installing Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on VS980 before installing Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. You can perform all these works after unlocking VS980 bootloader. Don’t forget that you may face some bugs on your VS980 after installing Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. Androidbiits.com recommends that VS980 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via Resurrection Remix v5.4.0, as there is a chance of data loss from their VS980. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 on your VS980. The important thing is that Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on VS980. Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 is released for Custom ROM lovers who are waiting to enjoy all features of Lollipop 5.1 on VS980.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if VS980 got damaged during the installation of Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. VS980 battery level must be more than 94% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 ROM on Verizon LG G2 VS980 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 for VS980.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for VS980.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach VS980 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 and Gapps to VS980.
6. It is the time to switch off VS980.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from VS980.
8. It is very crucial to put your VS980 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on device.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on device.
11. It is the proper time to tap “install zip from SD card” for installing Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 on your VS980.
12. It is the time to choose Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 on VS980.
13. It is the time to install Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 on VS980.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on device.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on device.
16. It is the time to wait until device restarts.
After your G2 VS980 is rebooted, you can test Resurrection Remix v5.4.0. If you are facing difficulty while installing Resurrection Remix v5.4.0 on VS980, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.