Are you a user of Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894? Today, Androidbiits.com will share an exciting news with Droid 4 XT894 users. According to Oggie7797, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OctOs [Unofficial] Custom ROM is now available for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894. Recently, I have posted the steps for updating Sony Xperia M to Lollipop 5.0 using CM12 Nightly [nicki]. Now the exciting news is that Droid 4 XT894 users can test OctOs [Unofficial]. Today, I will write the steps for updating Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using OctOs [Unofficial]. This is really an exciting news for Droid 4 XT894 owners who are waiting for lollipop.
I am hoping that Droid 4 XT894 owners will be able to install OctOs [Unofficial] easily without facing any difficulty after following the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear XT894 user, OctOs [Unofficial] needs rooted Droid 4 XT894, so it is essential to root Droid 4 XT894. Oh yes, the key thing is CWM recovery installation on Droid 4 XT894. Dear, you can perform all these tasks after unlocking Droid 4 XT894 bootloader. Oh yes, you may face some bugs on Droid 4 XT894 after installing OctOs [Unofficial]. Androidbiits.com recommends that XT894 users must save their personal files before installing OctOs [Unofficial], as there is a chance of losing all personal files from Droid 4 XT894. Oh yes, the crucial thing is XT894 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install OctOs [Unofficial]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Droid 4 XT894 got broken during the installation process of OctOs [Unofficial]. XT894 battery level must be above 88% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OctOs [Unofficial] Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download OctOs [Unofficial] for Motorola Droid 4 XT894.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Motorola XT894.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Motorola XT894 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Motorola XT894 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Motorola XT894, you must transfer OctOs [Unofficial] and Gapps ZIP file to Droid 4 XT894 memory card.
6. After transferring OctOs [Unofficial] and Gapps, you have to switch off XT894.
7. After switching off Motorola XT894, simply disconnect your USB cable from Droid 4 XT894.
8. Now you have to put your Motorola XT894 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Motorola XT894 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from Droid 4 XT894 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on Motorola XT894.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Motorola XT894 screen and then search for OctOs [Unofficial] and Gapps ZIP file from Droid 4 XT894 memory card.
12. Simply install OctOs [Unofficial] and Gapps on Droid 4 XT894.
13. After installing Gapps and OctOs [Unofficial], you must go to Motorola XT894 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your Droid 4 XT894 reboots.
After Motorola XT894 is rebooted, you can test OctOs [Unofficial]. If you are having any issue while installing OctOs [Unofficial], then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.