Are you using Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894? Androidbiits.com brings a glorious news for Droid 4 XT894 users. According to stargo, Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12.0 [AOSP] Custom ROM is now available for Motorola Droid 4 XT894. Yesterday, I have posted the steps for updating LG Google Nexus 4 E960 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using CM12 Nightly [mako]. Now the glorious news is that Droid 4 XT894 users can test CM12.0 [AOSP] on their XT894. Today, I will write the steps for updating Motorola Droid 4 XT894 to Lollipop 5.0 via CM12.0 [AOSP]. This is really a glorious news for Droid 4 XT894 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that Motorola Droid 4 XT894 owners will be able to install CM12.0 [AOSP] easily without facing any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Droid 4 XT894 user, CM12.0 [AOSP] needs rooted XT894, so it is necessary to root Motorola Droid 4 XT894. The essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Droid 4 XT894. You can do all these things after unlocking Droid 4 XT894 bootloader. Well, you may face some bugs after installing CM12.0 [AOSP] on your Droid 4 XT894. Androidbiits.com recommends that Droid 4 XT894 users must take a backup of their data before installing CM12.0 [AOSP], as there is a chance of losing all data from Droid 4 XT894. The important thing is Droid 4 XT894 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM12.0 [AOSP]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Droid 4 XT894 got corrupted during this process. XT894 battery percentage must be above 77% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 [AOSP] Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM12.0 [AOSP] for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Droid 4 XT894.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Droid 4 XT894 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Droid 4 XT894 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Droid 4 XT894, you must transfer CM12.0 [AOSP] and Gapps ZIP file to XT894 memory card.
6. After transferring CM12.0 [AOSP] and Gapps, you have to switch off Droid 4 XT894.
7. After switching off Droid 4 XT894, simply disconnect your USB cable from XT894.
8. Now you have to put your Droid 4 XT894 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Droid 4 XT894 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT894 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on XT894.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Droid 4 XT894 screen and then search for CM12.0 [AOSP] and Gapps ZIP file from XT894 memory card.
12. Simply install CM12.0 [AOSP] and Gapps on Droid 4 XT894.
13. After installing Gapps and CM12.0 [AOSP], you must go to Droid 4 XT894 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT894 reboots.
After Droid 4 XT894 is rebooted, you can test CM12.0 [AOSP]. If you are having any issue while installing CM12.0 on XT894, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.