Are you a proud owner of Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic XT875? Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Droid Bionic XT875 users. According to Oggie7797, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Oct-L Custom ROM is released for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. Recently, I have posted the steps for updating Motorola Droid 4 XT894 to Lollipop 5.0 using CM12.0 [AOSP]. Now the exciting news is that Droid Bionic XT875 users can test Oct-L on theirXT875. Today, I will write the steps for updating Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via Oct-L. This is really an exciting news for Droid Bionic XT875 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 owners will be able to install Oct-L easily without facing any issue after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Bionic XT875 user, Oct-L needs rooted XT875, so it is necessary to root Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. The essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Bionic XT875. You can do all these things after unlocking Bionic XT875 bootloader. Well, you may face some bugs after installing Oct-L on your Droid Bionic XT875. Androidbiits.com recommends that Droid Bionic XT875 users must take a backup of their data before installing Oct-L, as there is a chance of losing all data from Droid Bionic XT875. The important thing is Bionic XT875 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install Oct-L. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Bionic XT875 got corrupted during this process. XT875 battery percentage must be above 82% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Oct-L Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Oct-L for Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic XT875.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Droid Bionic XT875.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Bionic XT875 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Bionic XT875 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Bionic XT875, you must transfer Oct-L and Gapps ZIP file to XT875 memory card.
6. After transferring Oct-L and Gapps, you have to switch off Droid Bionic XT875.
7. After switching off Bionic XT875, simply disconnect your USB cable from XT875.
8. Now you have to put your Bionic XT875 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Bionic XT875 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT875 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on XT875.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Bionic XT875 screen and then search for Oct-L and Gapps ZIP file from XT875 memory card.
12. Simply install Oct-L and Gapps on Bionic XT875.
13. After installing Gapps and Oct-L, you must go to Bionic XT875 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT875 reboots.
After Bionic XT875 is rebooted, you can test Oct-L. If you are having any issue while installing Oct-L on XT875, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.