Are you using Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912? Androidbiits.com brings an awesome news for Droid Razr XT912 users. According to ktimque, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12.0 [CDMA] Custom ROM is released for Motorola Droid Razr XT912. Previously, I have published the steps for updating Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using Oct-L. Now the awesome news is that Droid Razr XT912 users can test CM12.0 [CDMA]. Today, I will write the steps for updating Motorola Droid Razr XT912 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via CM12.0 [CDMA]. This is really an awesome news for Droid Razr XT912 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that Motorola Droid Razr XT912 owners will be able to install CM12.0 [CDMA] easily without having any issue after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Razr XT912 user, CM12.0 [CDMA] needs rooted XT912, so it is necessary to root Motorola Droid Razr XT912. The essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Razr XT912. You can do all these things after unlocking Razr XT912 bootloader. Well, you may face some bugs after installing CM12.0 [CDMA] on your Razr XT912. Androidbiits.com recommends that Razr XT912 users must take a backup of their data before installing CM12.0 [CDMA], as there is a chance of losing all data from Razr XT912. The important thing is Razr XT912 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM12.0 [CDMA]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Razr XT912 got corrupted during this process. XT912 battery percentage must be above 71% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12.0 [CDMA] Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM12.0 [CDMA] for Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Droid Razr XT912.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Razr XT912 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Razr XT912 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Razr XT912, you must transfer CM12.0 [CDMA] and Gapps ZIP file to XT912 memory card.
6. After transferring CM12.0 [CDMA] and Gapps, you have to switch off Droid Razr XT912.
7. After switching off Razr XT912, simply disconnect your USB cable from XT912.
8. Now you have to put your Razr XT912 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Razr XT912 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT912 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on XT912.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Razr XT912 screen and then search for CM12.0 [CDMA] and Gapps ZIP file from XT912 memory card.
12. Simply install CM12.0 [CDMA] and Gapps on Razr XT912.
13. After installing Gapps and CM12.0 [CDMA], you must go to Razr XT912 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT912 reboots.
After Razr XT912 is rebooted, you can test CM12.0 [CDMA]. If you are having any issue while installing CM12.0 [CDMA] on XT912, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.