Are you a proud owner of Verizon Motorola Moto G XT1028? Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for Moto G XT1028 users. According to bharat_goku, CM12 Custom ROM is now available for Moto G. In the previous post, I have written the steps for updating Moto X XT1052 to Lollipop 5.0.2 via Resurrection Remix. Now the tremendous news is that Moto G XT1028 users can test CM 12 ROM. In this post, I will discuss about the method for updating Verizon Motorola Moto G XT1028 to Lollipop 5.0.2 using CM 12 ROM. Well, this is really a tremendous news for Moto G XT1028 owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that Verizon Motorola Moto G XT1028 owners will be able to install CM 12 on XT1028 easily without experiencing any issue after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear XT1028 user, CM 12 requires rooted XT1028, so it is essential to root Motorola Moto G XT1028. It is also necessary to install CWM recovery on Moto G XT1028. You can do it after unlocking XT1028 bootloader. Dear XT1028 user, you may face some bugs after installing CM12 ROM on Moto G XT1028. Androidbiits.com recommends that Moto G XT1028 users must save their important data securely before updating their XT1028, as there is a chance of losing all important data from XT1028. Another essential thing is XT1028 USB driver installation on your PC.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM 12 on Moto G XT1028. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if XT1028 got broken during this process. XT1028 battery level must be above 98% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Moto G XT1028 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM 12 ROM for Moto G XT1028.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Moto G XT1028.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Moto G XT1028 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Moto G XT1028 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Moto G XT1028, you must transfer Gapps and CM 12 ZIP file to XT1028 memory card.
6. After transferring CM 12 and Gapps, you have to switch off XT1028.
7. After switching off Moto G XT1028, you have to disconnect the USB cable from XT1028.
8. Now you have to put your G XT1028 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting G XT1028 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT1028 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on Moto G XT1028.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Moto G XT1028 screen and then search for CM 12 and Gapps ZIP file from XT1028 memory card.
12. Simply install CM 12 and Gapps on XT1028.
13. After installing Gapps and CM 12, you must go to Moto G XT1028 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT1028 reboots.
After Moto G XT1028 is rebooted, you can test CM12 on XT1028. If you are having any issue while installing CM12 on XT1028, then you may share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.