Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V users. According to albinoman887, Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 [kltevzw] unofficial ROM is released for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. You can read my previous article for updating Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 to Lollipop 5.1 using CM12.1 [jfltevzw]. Now the exciting news is that SM-G900V users can test Android 5.1.0 via CM12.1 [kltevzw]. Soon, I am going to write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [kltevzw]. This is really an exciting news for SM-G900V owners who are waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on their SM-G900V. CM12.1 [kltevzw] may bring several improvements on SM-G900V.
I am expecting that Verizon S5 SM-G900V users will be able to install Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [kltevzw] easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [kltevzw] requires rooted Verizon S5, so it is essential to root SM-G900V before installing CM12.1 [kltevzw]. The crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on SM-G900V. You can perform all these works after unlocking SM-G900V bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience several bugs on your SM-G900V after installing CM12.1 [kltevzw]. Androidbiits.com recommends that SM-G900V users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [kltevzw], as there is a chance of data loss from their SM-G900V. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use CM12.1 [kltevzw] on your SM-G900V. The important thing is that CM12.1 [kltevzw] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on SM-G900V.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install CM12.1 [kltevzw]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if SM-G900V got damaged during this process. SM-G900V battery level must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltevzw] ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltevzw] for your phone.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for SM-G900V.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach Verizon S5 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer CM12.1 [kltevzw] and Gapps to S5 SD card.
6. It is the time to switch off SM-G900V.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from SM-G900V.
8. It is very crucial to put your SM-G900V into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on SM-G900V.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on S5.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltevzw] on your SM-G900V.
12. It is the time to choose CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltevzw] on S5.
13. It is the time to install CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltevzw] on S5.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on SM-G900V.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on S5.
16. It is the time to wait until S5 restarts.
After your Verizon S5 SM-G900V is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [kltevzw]. If you are facing difficulty while installing CM12.1 [kltevzw] on SM-G900V, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.