Are you a proud owner of Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M? Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Droid Maxx XT1080M users. CyanogenMod 12 Nightly [obake] Custom ROM is now available for Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M. Previously, I have published the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 to Lollipop 5.0 using CM12 [i605]. Now the exciting news is that Droid Maxx XT1080M users can test CM 12 Nightly on their XT1080M. Today, I will write the steps for updating Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M to Lollipop 5.0 via CM 12 Nightly [obake]. This is really an exciting news for Droid Maxx XT1080M owners who are waiting for Lollipop.
I am hoping that Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M owners will be able to install CM12 Nightly [obake] easily without facing any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Droid Maxx XT1080M user, CM 12 needs rooted XT1080M, so it is necessary to root Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M. Oh yes, the essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Droid Maxx XT1080M. Dear, you can do all these things after unlocking Droid Maxx XT1080M bootloader. Well, you may face some bugs after installing CM12 Nightly [obake] on your Droid Maxx XT1080M. Androidbiits.com recommends that Droid Maxx XT1080M users must take a backup of their data before installing CM12 [obake], as there is a chance of losing all data from Droid Maxx XT1080M. The important thing is Droid Maxx XT1080M USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install CM12 Nightly [obake]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Droid Maxx XT1080M got corrupted during this process. XT1080M battery percentage must be above 74% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Nightly [obake] Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CM12 Nightly [obake] for Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080M.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for your Droid Maxx XT1080M.
3. Simply, go to the settings of Droid Maxx XT1080M and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach Droid Maxx XT1080M with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected your Droid Maxx XT1080M, you must transfer CM12 Nightly [obake] and Gapps ZIP file to XT1080M memory card.
6. After transferring CM12 Nightly [obake] and Gapps, you have to switch off Droid Maxx XT1080M.
7. After switching off Droid Maxx XT1080M, simply disconnect your USB cable from XT1080M.
8. Now you have to put your Droid Maxx XT1080M into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Droid Maxx XT1080M into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from XT1080M main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on XT1080M.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on Droid Maxx XT1080M screen and then search for CM12 Nightly [obake] and Gapps ZIP file from XT1080M memory card.
12. Simply install CM12 Nightly [obake] and Gapps on XT1080M.
13. After installing Gapps and CM12 Nightly [obake], you must go to Droid Maxx XT1080M main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until your XT1080M reboots.
After Droid Maxx XT1080M is rebooted, you can test CM12 Nightly [obake]. If you are having any issue while installing CM12 on XT1080M, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.